Friday 1 June 2012

Last Day



On my last full day in Korea, I met up with 'Emily' at the subway station. Intent on making my last day memorable, Emily and I went to Tom N Tom and had 허니 버터 브래드 (Honey Butter Bread) and coffee while we exchanged letters and took pictures on her polaroid camera.

Knowing we only had about 5-6 hours together, we decided to stay in 홍대 (Hongdae) and go to a 노래방 (private karaoke room). My second experience at a 노래방 was definitely more exciting than the first time. Emily had warned me that she was “pretty crazy” when it involved 노래방, and boy, she delivered. Dancing around like fools, we spent over 3 hours in the room. I was sure the people at the front desk were watching us because because instead of giving us the standard 30 minutes for service (ice cream), they kept adding time right before it ran out, giving us over an hour and a half of service.

After spending the afternoon at the 노래방, Emily took me out for dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant. The BBQ was delicious, but she made me try Korean rice wine, which to me, did not taste so good, but I pretended to like it anyways so she wouldn't feel bad.

Suddenly, Emily had to leave and I went back to the guesthouse to pack my things. After done packing, I stayed in with a German girl I met and we watched subbed movies together in the common room. She even made cake with another Canadian guy that was staying there because I was leaving the next day. The cake was delicious to say the very least. I didn't even know a person could make a cake out of Fanta, but somehow, she managed it.

It was a great last memory in Korea before I left in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment