Wednesday 9 May 2012

'Emily' and 'Jason'


남산골 한옥마을


남산골 한옥마을


NOTE: I'm going to re-name my friends with English names in this blog so they can stay anonymous.

While staying with my friend (Emily) in Seoul, we met up with one of her guy friends (Jason) for a day. Because Emily had French class in the morning, Jason and I went to see an morning showing of an English movie in 명동 (Myeongdong). It was strange to be watching an English movie with Korean subtitles as I am used to watching Korean movies with either English subtitles, or no subtitles at all.

After we watched the movie, Jason and I went for coffee and Starbucks is exactly the same in Canada and South Korea, but there's a cafe in 홍대 (Hongdae) that sells Koreano coffee instead of Americano.

We wandered around 명동 for a bit when Emily was finished her class and we also took sticker photos. We stayed in 명동 for lunch and ate Korean-Italian food at a place called 리미니. The only difference is that the cream pastas aren't as creamy.

We went to a traditional village in Seoul called 남산골 한옥마을 (Namsan Hanok Village) in hopes of dressing in traditional clothing, but they no longer offered it. I almost think Emily was more disappointed than me!

Instead, we went to Kyobo Book Store, which is the largest book store in all of Korea. I think even their English section was larger than most book stores here!

When it got a little bit darker, we went to 청계천 (Cheonggyecheon Stream). The 청계천 is a stream that was very dirty during the Korean War and now it is much cleaner, but they are still working to make it better. It runs through the middle of Seoul and has nice lights at night in certain places.

No comments:

Post a Comment