Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sweet Goodbyes and Cheerful Hellos






The last day I spent in Jeonju was full of mixed emotions. My friend and I had a great time and it created some amazing memories, but I knew that that was the last day I would spend in her city.

For breakfast that morning, we had to tell her mom to make less food and although she made half as much as she did the morning before, we still didn't finish it all. One of the things I miss most about Jeonju, besides my friend, is her mom's cooking.

After breakfast, we went to museum. This was not a typical museum though. The museum was 2 floors of various 2D art that when posing in the correct manner, one looks as if they are part of a 3D interactive art display in a photo.

For lunch that day, we went to a restaurant and ate 비빔밥 (mixed rice), for which Jeonju is famous and 불고기 (bulgogi). I can't say the 비빔밥 was my favourite, but it was pretty good.

After lunch, we went to the train station where it was time to say goodbye. I knew my friend was still going to visit me in Seoul a week later, but leaving Jeonju was emotional all the same. Whenever we say goodbye to each other, my friend and I promise we will not cry, no matter how long we will go without seeing each other, but as soon as the train pulled out of the station, I silently cried a little bit.

Being on the KTX train was probably my only bad experience while in South Korea. The people on the train were rude and some laughed as I tried, along with two other girls, to lift my 50lb. suitcase above my seat.

When I arrived in Seoul at 용산 (Yongsan) Station, I met another friend. We wandered around 홍대 (Hongdae) for a bit before going to her house.

That night, I had Korean ice cream for the first time! I know you may not think it is that exciting compared to exotic Korean dishes, but if you haven't had Korean ice cream, you are missing out! They have so many more flavours than here, in Canada and if you have a chance, you should try the melon flavour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment